I was.. 44 years old and given the news..
I gained over 30 pounds. Bloated. Blood pressure climbing. So exhausted I had to take a nap just to make it through the day.
Now, I‘d been diagnosed with a painful autoimmune disorder called psoriatic arthritis.
How did I get here?
I’m a former personal trainer with a Master’s Degree in Exercise Physiology. Former captain of my college track team and 2-time NY state champion.
Heck, I was the guy who created a workout video called “the world’s fastest workout” by Mens Fitness — and I was a mess.
I should’ve known better.
To make things worse my doctor said I needed to start a toxic chemo drug for my psoriatic arthritis.
“This is all being caused by nutrition and stress — and I’m going to figure it out before turning to heavy medication as a last resort”.
So I went on a mission.
I WAS going to knock at least 20 years off my body so I can live a longer, high-quality life with my four kids!
It’s taken me:
- Weight down from a bloated 195 pounds to 160 pounds (I’m only 5'8").
- Waist size down from 35 to 32 (same size pants I wore in high school.. almost 30 years go).
- ZERO symptoms of my autoimmune disorder. I’m finally pain-free and can even play tennis again (although my game is still mediocre, at best).
- And, crazy as it seems, my neck size went down a size and a half. I didn’t even know that was “a thing”
- Even my face seemed to shrink down and looks less “puffy”
How did I do it?
A crazy diet? Fasting? 3 hours a day in the gym?
Nope. Not even close.
I SIMPLIFIED my health.
Here are the 7 SIMPLE ways I knocked 20 years off my body.. and you can too:
1. Win the Morning
“The secret of your future is your daily routine” Mike Murdoch
You must start the day off right. No compromise.
Winning the morning carries momentum into the afternoon. And momentum is everything.
Tried intermittent fasting — it didn’t work for me. I was starving within a few hours. (if it works for you, that’s great).
My “secret” was having one high quality nutrition bar every morning along with a large glass of water and a few essential supplements (Omega 3s, Turmeric, and Probiotic).
This gave me energy and filled me up for a few hours. Plus it’s a lot quicker (and less messy) than a smoothie.
Just be sure to go for something good in the morning.